I love the winter for so many reasons, but one of my top grievances about this season (beyond the extreme cold) is how it can cause such extreme redness and dryness to my face, hands and legs. I’m always open to being a product to find beauty products that are both effective and gentle enough for my sensitive skin. Read on to check out a few of my favorites (so far).
Beauty Products for Moms
1. For my adult acne (yes, it’s a thing), I’ve been testing out the Kamedis Clear Line. A botanical skin care line, the line features a Acne Spot Treatment, a Acne Facial Cream, and a Acne Facial Moisturizer for a soothing and natural way to blast those zits.
2. To revive my skin, I have also been loving the Onå New York Airplane Mode Intense Hydration Gel Mask. This mask is the perfect way to wind down the day that works to quickly repair dehydrated, tired skin, and prevent moisture loss. Dubbed as a “stress-free” skincare line, I also love its no slip design and golden iridescent sheen that’s the perfect remedy after a long day! While it is designed to work wonders before, during and after a flight, I also found that the mask was the perfect solution to revive my skin while also leaving it looking and feeling balanced and refreshed. A must for tired mamas aka all mamas.
3. Another new cleanser, I’ve been loving is the Lychee Willow Bark Deep Clean from Sorella Apothecary that promotes bright skin and an even skin tone. It is also super gentle for all skin types.
4. For toning, I am all about Youth to the People’s Kombucha + 11% Exfoliation Power Toner. This powerful toner works to smooth, even out the skin and minimize the appearance of pores thanks to the addition of kombucha black tea and tree bark that work as prebiotics to enhance the skin.
5. One of my all-time favorites is the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant. This wonder cream is incredible for scarring and dryness, and even works wonders on cracked/dry lips.
6. The gentle ACURE Brilliantly Brightening Micellar Water provides a light and refreshing way to gently cleanses and removes makeup. I also love that the product is vegan and free of parabens, sulfates and mineral oil.
7. For night time, I’ve been loving GlyDerm’s Intense C Serum. This powerful serum is formulated with a controlled-release system that allows it to exfoliate safely and gently, leaving skin refreshed and radiant. The regimen will include a cleanser, an exfoliator and a moisturizer to allow the skin to renew, cleanse, exfoliate and hydrate.
8. And for wiping my skin after a long day, I love using the refreshing derma E Hydrating wipes. Sulfate, paraben and formaldehyde free, these wipes easily clean away the grit and grime of the day–while leaving my skin feeling soft and smooth.
9. For my eye area, I’m all about the REVITALITE Eyelid & Dark Circle Corrector from Dermelect Cosmeceuticals. This 3-in-1 formula targets dark circles, puffy eye bags and droopy eyelids to help make that delicate area smooth and firm.
10. Another staple that has been in my rotation this summer has been the ARM & HAMMER Foot Care Moisturizer + Gentle Exfoliators. This foot spa-like experience has been incredible on my tired and dry feet and heels. How it works is a cream squeezes out of a massaging brush that moisturizes and gently exfoliates, allowing for a clean application. It works to quickly to restore feet with its gentle AHA Exfoliators and deep hydrating Coconut Oil as well as to help with cracked heels. A must-have staple for summer (and beyond!).
11. For my hair, I am loving the Not Your Mother’s Line featuring their All Eyes On Me 10-in-1 Hair Perfector and the Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo. The 10-in-1 Hair Perfector is one of the best all-in-one solutions for the hair that works to transform unmanageable hair for all hair types. This includes adding body, detangling, adding shine, protecting the hair, controlling frizz, repairing dry hair, mending split ends and so much more! Make sure you have this gem in your arsenal for all of your winter hair needs.
The Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo is the perfect solutions for those in-between hair washing days. I love how it works instantly to absorb excess oils and create volume on my lackluster locks. Bonus: the product leaves zero residue making it super easy to create get out and go styles.
13. Another skin favorite is the Ghost Democracy Lightbulb Vitamin C Serum. A clean skincare staple, this product works to make the skin brighter and firmer. I love using it after I tone my skin and then apply a thin layer all around my face. It has been working wonders to enhance my skin tone and I love how lightweight and quickly it works to absorb into the skin.
What are some of your go-to skincare products?