While the kids are getting excited for the upcoming winter break, it can be challenging for parents, especially if you aren’t going away. Below, we’re sharing an on-going list of some cool things to do in Westchester. Bonus: many of these events are free or low-cost! As always, you can find the complete list of cool things in the area by checking out our calendar.
Winter Break Activities in Westchester
- See Shrek at the Jacob Burns Film Center in Plesantville
- Make Slime at DIY Slime in Larchmont (Wednesday-Friday hours).
- Check out the Stay-cation Beach party at the Chappaqua Library.
- Have your teens paint a cityscape at the Hudson River Museum.
- Get donuts at Duck Donuts.
- Free screening of Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory at Bedford Playhouse.
- Earring Making with Joan Lloyd at the Mount Kisco Library.
- DIY Emoji Jar at the Mount Kisco Library.
- All-age Stories at the Pound Ridge Library.
- Collage Workshop with Michael Albert at the Pound Ridge Library.
- Krafty Kids: “Clay Snowflakes” at the Pound Ridge Library.
- Winter Animals from The Stamford Museum & Nature Center at the Pound Ridge Library.
- Baby Play Time at the Ossining Public Library.
- Music & Movement at the Mount Kisco Library.
- DIY President’s Day Puppets at the Mount Kisco Public Library
- No School Storytime at Scattered Books.
- Go skiing at Thunder Ridge.
- Go the Royal Hanneford Circus.
Need more of a structured day for your kiddos? Check out these Winter and Spring Break camps in Westchester.