- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 zucchini squash, sliced into rounds
- 2 large portobello mushroom caps, sliced
- 1 large eggplant, sliced into rounds
- 1 large onion, sliced into rounds
- 1 cup radishes, halved
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into “fry-like” pieces
- 1 baguette, sliced into rounds
- a handful of fresh oregano, basil, rosemary and thyme for garnish
AVOCADO WHIPPED FETA
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled and at room temperature
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, if needed
In a bowl, whisk together the oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, paprika and pepper.
Place the zucchini, mushrooms, eggplant, onion and radish pieces in a large baking dish. Cover with the marinade and stick the dish in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. In the meantime, I like par boil the sweet potato so once grilled, it’s the perfect consistency. I put the slices in a saucepan full of water and bring it to a boil, boiling for about 1 to 2 minutes. Then I remove and toss with the marinade!
Heat the grill to it’s highest setting. Brush the baguette with olive oil on both sides.
Once the grill is hot, remove the veggies from the marinade with tongs and place them on the grill. I start with the potatoes, peppers and eggplant. If you zucchini slices and radishes are small, you can use a grill plate if you have one, or simply wrap them in aluminum foil. You can grill until you reach the char you desire – at least until grill marks appear and the veggies are golden.
I grill the bread last because it can burn quickly. I also like it toasty and warm! Fill a platter or baking sheet with your vegatables and bread. Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper if you’d like. Cover the vegetables in a sprinkle of fresh herbs. Serve immediately with the avocado feta!
Avocado Whipped Feta
Add almost all of crumbled feta to a food processor and pulse until small crumbs remain. Add in the avocado and puree for 4 to 5 minutes, scraping down the sides when necessary, until the feta is super creamy. Serve topped with a few extra feta crumbs and fresh herbs.