a baked vanilla cake (box mix is perfect)
2-3 tablespoons of buttercream
2 bars white baking chocolate (parve)
- Bake your favorite box cake, wait for it to cool completely and crumble it up.
- Add two to three tablespoons of buttercream and mix it up until the dough is moist and almost play-dough like.
- Press into cakesicle molds and add a popsicle stick onto the bottom. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime chop up the white chocolate and place it in a heat proof bowl. Melt it in the microwave in 20 second intervals until fully melted and creamy. Make sure to get all lumps out- it needs to be fully melted and smooth.
- Place a large piece of parchment paper in front of you. Remove popsicles from freezer and fully coat them in the melted white chocolate. Place them down onto the parchment paper and decorate immediately before the chocolate hardens.
- Have fun with the decorating! Use your favorite sprinkles.
- Once dry, scrape off any jagged edges so you get a smooth finish on the sides. Enjoy!
- Store in freezer in a covered tin.
This post was first posted on The Local Moms NetworkThe Local Moms Network.