Winter break is here! And while the kids are excited for some off, it can be stressful to figure out things to do if camp isn’t an option, or you aren’t going away. Luckily, there are tons of things to do in Westchester, including a bunch of free activities and events to enjoy in the area. Read on for a few of our favorites:
Things to Do with Your Kids in Westchester During Winter Break
- Check out the Young Artists Exhibition at the Katonah Museum of Art.
- Take a nature walk at Westmoreland Sanctuary.
- Have the kids take art camp at the Westchester Art Studio.
- Visit the farm animals at Muscoot Farm.
- Visit the bunnies and get a new book at Scattered Books.
- Take a hike at the Ward Pound Ridge Reservation.
- Let the kids go wild at Rockin’ Jump.
- Bowl at Spins Bowling.
- Get a sweet fix at Sugar Hi.
- Discover and play at the Westchester Children’s Museum.
- Walk the boardwalk at Rye.
- Make earrings at the Mount Kisco Library.
- Enjoy storytime at the Chappaqua Library.
- Spend a day building at Legoland Discovery Center.
- Go see the Royal Hanneford Circus in White Plains.
- Check out a screening of the Iron Giant at the Jacob Burns Film Center.
- Paint something special at the Pottery Factory.
- Try out indoor rock climbing.
- Go skiing for the day at Thunder Ridge Ski Area.
- See Spirited Away at the Bedford Playhouse.
- Have a giant cookie at Milk N Cookies – Cookie Café & Cereal Bar.
- Explore and play at Croton Gorge Park.
- Skate the at Westchester Skating Academy.
- Visit the wolves at the Wolf Conservation Center.
- Learn more endangered animals at Teatown.
Did I miss something to do in Westchester? Email me at [email protected] so I can add your activity/event to the list!