Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and there are tons of fun ways to celebrate the day of love with your kids. Check out our on-going list of activities in Westchester, including a bunch of free options for kids.
Valentine’s Day Events for Kids in Westchester
1. February 7th: Valentine’s Crafts and Things at the Bedford Hills Community House from 6:00-8:30pm
Craft night will be filled with creativity and fun, so get your friends together!! They will be doing seasonal crafts, playing games and having loads of fun. Pizza and snacks will be served.
Register in person at the Recreation Office or online at bedfordny.gov
2. February 8th: Love, Bookmark Buddies and Wishes at Scattered Books and King Street Studio from 12:00pm-3:00pm
Join Bookmark Buddies, King Street Studio and Scattered Books for a craft and shopping event to benefit Make a Wish America. Your kids will have the chance to make Valentine bookmarks, plus a book signing, raffles, shopping, and activities provided by PJ Library!
Location: Scattered Books and King Street Studio
3. February 8th: Craft at Booksy Galore from 1:00pm-3:00pm
Join Booksy Galore for three times the fun and friendship! At this all ages event, you can create 3-D flowers with a secret message and hand-make a special card that will mail out for you. Plus, they make a few extra that they will drop off to the Pound Ridge Cupid project. Complementary pastries from Breadsnbakes will be provided. FREE but RSVP.
Location: Booksy Galore, 67 Westchester Ave, Pound Ridge, NY
4. February 8th: Valentine’s Day Party with Mr. Bungles at the Pound Ridge Library, starting at 11:00am
The whole family can enjoy the comedy of Mr Bungles with juggling, magic, crazy props, music and a chance to get inside a gigantic bubble! Bring your phones and cameras for some incredible photos and celebrate Valentine’ s Day. The program is geared for the 3-9 year old but all are welcome. Registrations are appreciated, but not required.
Location: Pound Ridge Library, 271 Westchester Ave, Pound Ridge, NY
5. February 8th: Kids In The Kitchen: Valentine’s Day Tarts at the Westchester Italian Cultural Center
Celebrate St. Valentine’s Day by making cherry tarts! This simple recipe is absolutely delicious, yet heartfelt and beautiful! Presented by Chef Taylor Wolf.
Location: Westchester Italian Cultural Center, One Generoso Pope Pl, Tuckahoe, NY
6. February 8th: Girl AGain Valentine’s Sweet Treats Doll Craft
Join Girl AGain for an afternoon of crafting sweet treats for dolls made out of felt and other craft materials. Each child will also receive a new doll-sized apron to decorate. All supplies included. For girls ages 6 and up. Fee: $15, see special offers as a part of this ticket.
Location: Girl AGain, 4 Martine Avenue, White Plains, NY
7. February 9th: Love of Handmade Market at Wolf & Warrior Brewery Co. from 11:00am-4:00pm
Get your sweetie a handmade gift featuring goodies from Westchester Handmade makers. They are hosting a handmade market at Wolf& Warrior where you can get local goodies from A D’Zine (New Rochelle) One-of-a-kind Jewelryl; The Bott Shoppe – Studio & Store (Mamaroneck) Art supplies, DIY Kits, home decor and more!; GK Designs Jewelry (Mamaroneck) Silver & Crystal Jewelry; Sew + Steady Studio (Yonkers) Handmade Pouches; 22KATCorp (White Plains) Hand-painted bar glasses; MerMud Studio (Yonkers) Ceramic tableware and home decor; Playful Event (Yonkers) Wire and up-cycled Jewelry; Olenko’s Kitchen (Tarrytown) Vegan Desserts & Chocolates; and Three Peas Jewelry (White Plains) Men’s and Women’s Accessories made with Typewriter keys and other vintage items.
Location: Wolf & Warrior Brewing Co.,195 East Post Road, White Plains, NY
8. February 13th: Kids Workshop: Valentine’s Day Workshop: Cutting with Glowforge from 4:30pm-6:00pm
Create a Valentine’s themed pendant or pin that will then be laser cut and engraved! Designed for kids 9-12 years old, all supplies are included.
Location: The Rye Arts Center, 51 Milton Rd, Rye, NY
9. February 14th: Caregiver and Me Pop-In: Valentine’s Day at Muscoot Farm from 10:00am-11:30am
Location: Muscoot Farm, 51 NY-100, Katonah, NY
10. February 14th: Valentine’s Day Parent’s Night Out at Ahn’s Taekwondo
Drop your kids off for a night of fun, dinner and games while you enjoy Valentines Day! The event is $25/per child.
Location: Ahn’s Taekwondo, 657 Main St Suite 4, Mt Kisco, NY
11. February 14th: Kids Valentine’s Party at LifeTime Chappaqua from 5:00pm-8:00pm
During this drop-off event kids will play musical heart games, make a fun craft bouquet to bring home to their Valentine, refuel with a pizza party and enjoy a yogurt parfait buffet. Choose Valentine’s Party as one of your 12 Junior Membership events. Must be a member.
Location: LifeTime Chappaqua, 480 N Bedford Rd, Chappaqua, NY