The holidays are going to look a lot differently this year but that doesn’t mean that the magic has to stop. This year, the Westchester’s Winter Wonderland Drive-Thru Holiday Light Extravaganza, presented by Westchester Medical Center Health Network, offers a way for families to experience a little holiday magic while enjoying 1.2 miles of a holiday lights, larger than life displays, live characters, and Santa right from the warmth and safety of your car.
We visited this experience on night two and was in awe of the sparkling nights and holiday decor as we drove through different holiday-themed worlds.
The girls were so excited and cozy, wearing PJs, sipping on hot chocolate, and listening to Christmas music as we made our way around the loop. You can also listen to classics through your cars FM radio, setting the mood from the moment you enter the park. Guests should allow 20-25 minutes to drive through the attraction.
We were all wide-eyes and super excited about the experience, especially since there aren’t that many options this year!
Once we got in, our eyes lit up in amazement at the spectacle as lights came by our car at every angle. The slow pace of the experience allowed us to soak in every moment as we went from experience-to-experience. Some of our favorites were the Fireside Forest, Peace on Earth Place and the Twirling Tunnel.
Check out the complete list of experiences below and more on how to get your tickets to this one-of-a-kind holiday spectacle.
- FIRESIDE FOREST: A family at home enjoying the holidays dreaming of great times.
- WINTER WINDS WAY: Old Man Winter blowing beautiful snowflakes swirling in the air.
- PEACE ON EARTH PLACE: Floating stained-glass angels herald a message of good.
- DOVE DRIVE: Illuminated doves of peace fly among the serene memorial trees.
- TAKE FLIGHT WAY: A dazzling, 50 ft white dove soaring into the night sky.
- MAGICAL WOODS: Be encircled by dozens of lit, dancing trees.
- CHRISTMAS TREE PLAZA: Westchester’s largest Christmas Tree, standing at 40 ft
- LAND OF PACKAGES: Entrancing light display of elves at work packing presents.
- TWIRLING.TUNNEL: 100 feet of swirling colors will transport you into the holiday season.
- FA LA LA LA LA LANE: A favorite holiday song brought to light!
- SNOWSTORM CENTRAL: A magical Winter Wonderland square where the snow flies everywhere.
- CHARACTER CORNER: Your favorite adventure, princesses, cartoon characters LIVE right outside your car window.
- CANDY CANE LANE: Towering lit up red and white candy canes will delight children of all ages.
- SANTA CLAUS: The grand finale…Santa Claus will greet every car in person at the end of your Westchester’s Winter Wonderland Holiday Light Extravaganza.
- ELVES PLAYGROUND: Elves playing hide and seek behind the trees.
The kids had the best time and we can’t wait to go back. The experience is open until January 3rd and we will be sure to visit again at some point this month.
For complete information and how to purchase tickets, visit wwinterwonderland.com