Inspiration can come from anywhere. Just the other day, I was in the store and this recipe came to me when I was shopping! My family loves bread, meat, and veggies so I thought this would be a fun way to make dinner! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!!
1lb of London Broil marinated in the following ingredients I put the marinade in a Ziploc bag with the meat and in the fridge, it goes!
Half of lemon juice
3 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
¼ of olive oil
¼ cup of soy sauce
5 gloves of garlic minced
pepper both sides of the meat
Whipped Feta Cheese Spread
Half of block of Greek Feta cheese
¼ cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ of a lemon juice
2 cloves of minced garlic
A handful of dill chopped
Olive and Tomato Tapenade
1 cup of tomatoes chopped
1 cup of Kalamata Olives
¼ of a lemon juice
¼ cup of olive oil
½ teaspoon Za’atar seasoning
a whole onion
olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan
a pat of butter
salt and pepper
1. A good loaf of bread (baguette) is needed with olive oil for toasting. Season Olive Oil with pepper and salt.
2, After your meat has marinated for at least 4 hours or can marinade up to 24 hours set out the meat for at least half hour to come to room temperature to cook!
3, While your meat is coming to temperature, work on your whipped feta cheese spread. Put your feta cheese, lemon, extra virgin olive oil, garlic and dill in the food processor until blended smooth.
4. Smothered onions slice onions and sauté onions with olive oil and butter with garlic, salt and pepper. Cook on medium low setting until soft and sweet about 15-20 minutes.
5. Start working on your tapenade slice your tomatoes and olives with your seasonings listed above. Let it sit and get delicious together! The longer they sit together the better it tastes together!
6. Time to put your meat on the grill! Have your grill at least 425 degrees and place your meat on the grill cooking it about 8 minutes on each side. Once your steak is done to your wellness, let it rest before cutting on the bias.
7. Slice your bread while your meat is cooking and brush your bread with your seasoned olive oil. Toast on the grill 3 minutes on each side
8. It is time to assemble!! Start assembling bread, whipped feta spread, tapenade, then layer your steak on top, add your smothered onions to the top
Hope you enjoy!